5 Foods You Should Eat Everyday
If you're looking to EAT healthier this new year, then start now. Here are 5 foods you should be eating every day.
1. Be "flaxable".. Buy flax seeds in bulk and add to salads, yogurt, and sprinkle on just about everything. Flax seeds are high in good fats: Omega 3 fatty acids. Three tablespoons have Omega-3 (ALA) 6,338mg, Fiber 8g, Protein 6g, Vitamin B1 31% RDA, Manganese 35% RDA, Magnesium 30% RDA, Phosphorus 19% RDA, and Selenium 10% RDA.
2. How you bean? Beans are high in fiber and help lower cholesterol. All varieties have benefits but focus on the darker ones including lentils, kidney, and navy beans.
3. Have a "berry" nice day! Blueberries offer a host of brain boosting antioxidants and they are low in calories, but high in fiber, vitamin C and vitamin K.
4. Broccoli boosting. This mini tree is an incredible nutrient superfood. Broccoli is very low in calories, providing only 31 calories per cup and 5 grams of fiber. Partner that with the fact it has Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus and Selenium, and a very good source of Vitamin A, and Vitamin C, and you'll know why it's so good for you!
5. Popeye was right! You need your spinach to live stronger! Boiled spinach has 41 calories, 5.4 grams of protein, and 4.3 grams are fiber. NOw add the blast of antioxidants Niacin, Zinc, and a Vitamin A! It's a superfood that you should be eating daily!