The top 5 accessories that you need when you parkour
If you’re looking for an activity to get you fit this new year, then look no further than parkour. This training discipline actually came from a military obstacle course training and was started in France by Raymond Belle.
You might have seen footages of people running, climbing and vaulting over ordinary things we see all around us. The object of parkour is to get from one place to another in the fastest possible way and without using any equipment for assistance. It can be exhausting but really worth it once you get the hang of things.
In order to get started in learning parkour, one needs to have the proper gear and accessories. Check out the list below so that you can prepare them before you start learning.
1. A good backpack – you don’t want any of your things to fall off your pockets when you start running and jumping around, so you need some quality backpacks for parkour. It should be just the right size, too small and it will not be able to house other necessary things, but too big and it might become a hindrance to you while doing parkour. Aside from that, you can opt for one that is waterproof and weatherproof so that you can bring it with you even when the weather is not so good. Opt for one that has many pockets so that you can bring as many gear and accessories with you.
2. Gloves – parkour is very intense and even though you would rarely see advanced practitioners wearing gloves, if you are just starting, it would be smarter to have them with you. That way you can prevent injury when you are still learning the moves and you won’t be sidelined for a few days by some cuts or bumps because you were able to protect yourself.
3. Proper shoes – perhaps the most important gear you need to invest in when practicing parkour. You want something that has a good grip and that can withstand various terrain because you will be moving through different obstacles. You want something that has a good padding because when you are just starting, it is inevitable that you will suffer from falls. You want to be comfortable in your shoes so try to test the shoes by running and jumping around first. And last but not the least, choose shoes that will last you a long time.
4. Proper clothes – while you may find clothes that are specifically manufactured for parkour, you don’t need to invest that much especially if you are just beginning, More than anything, wear clothes that are comfortable for you and that will not restrict the movements that you will be making.
5. Water bottle – since it is a high-intensity activity, you want to make sure that you do not get dehydrated. Always carry a bottle or two of water with you every time you go out and practice parkour. Invest in one that has insulation so that you can use it during the hot and cold weather.