There’s some very exciting news circulating about the power of protein in your diet.
Here are 5 things you should know about protein.
1) Protein is one of the macronutrients that has only 4 calories per gram. Protein helps build muscle and hormones.
2) You should consume 1.2 grams per kilogram of bodyweight. For many people this is 80-130 grams of protein a day.
3) Protein should be the base of every meal. Latest research shows that the order in which you eat your food carbs, protein and fats makes a difference for weight loss and diabetes Type 2 insulin users. Eat your protein first then carbs then fat for best optimization of nutrients and to keep blood sugar levels normal.
4) Eating protein diminishes in your 30's but latest research shows that protein is important to eat in all decades of life. In a recent study with seniors pumping up the protein, without strength training they found an increase in muscle mass when upping the
5) Protein in the morning keeps you form snacking high calories throughout the day. It helps stabilize blood sugar which promotes less hunger cravings.