If you thought the gym was the first place to check into, to live healthier, think again! Good health starts in the kitchen. Here are X tips to make your kitchen the center of you health.
1. It may seem like a chore, but you really should clean up the kitchen. Cornell University reports that you’ll eat twice the cookies if your kitchen is a mess, siting chaotic environments make you feel out of control and more likely to fall off your diet.
2. Use the blender, but skip adding juice to your smoothies. Instead, opt for fresh or frozen whole fruits. Juice adds sugar with out fiber and you’re already sweet enough!
3. Nut butter is a great condiment to keep on hand. It helps with balancing out fruits like apples and bananas, and a staple for kids’ lunches. But, don’t go nuts with nut butter! Although it tastes good, limit to two tablespoons in your smoothie. You’ll get the flavor in just a small amount and these calories add up quickly.
3. Be creative with your smoothies. Try this recipe with a little kick of jalapeño.
Simple smoothie :
1 cup frozen pineapple
2 teaspoon minced jalapeño
1 cup vanilla almond milk
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
1 teaspoon honey
And honey its only 255 calories!
4. Mango tango! studies show polyphenols from mango help prevent breast & colon cancers, loaded with vitamins A & C- help keep you healthy.
5. Keep cinnamon on hand in the kitchen and see what you can add it to instead of sugar. It has great flavor and zero calories!