As an advocate for maintaining a healthy lifestyle at any age, I can not stress the importance of the simple things we can do on a daily basis to keep up with our overall health and well being.
Our eyesight is one of the most powerful resources and it is important that we continue to take care of our vision as we get older. Eye exercises and natural remedies can help strengthen your eyesight, but incorporating foods into your daily diet have also been shown to strengthen those peepers and make your vision last a lifetime!
Here are 5 foods you should be eating for good vision:
1. Go Green. Leafy greens are high in lutein and antioxidants - includes spinach, kale, brussels
sprouts and collard greens.
2. Go Fish. Salmon, tuna and other oily fish. Fish oil capsules are an alternative and can be found at any local drug store or pharmacy.
3. Pucker up. - Oranges, lemons, and any other citrus fruits or juices help to reduce the risk of
4. What’s up doc? - High source of vitamin A that helps protect the retina as well as areas around the eye to help function properly
5. Which came first? - Forget the egg whites here! The yolk, in fact, contains the highest source of lutein and zinc, which also helps to reduce risk of macular degeneration, according to Paul Dougherty, MD of Dougherty Laser Vision in Los Angeles.
Join me at MyEyeDr., Oct 4 th , 9:30am at 104 Washington in Hinsdale for the Chicago launch of MyEyeDr. where you can view the wide selection of fashionable eyewear. Come learn about foods and recipes for eye health from a registered dietician, enjoy a make your own yogurt parfait breakfast, learn more about the MyEyeDr., receive a special gift, and be entered for a chance to win a $300 gift certificate. Hope to see you there. #partner
This is a sponsored event.